The objective of this study was to evaluate the impacts of 1% and 2% topical nifedipine ointments on total antioxidant capacity and mitochondrial function during the facial skin wound healing in rabbits. Nifedipine ointments 1% and 2% were prepared. Fifty healthy male rabbits were involved and distributed into two equal group 25 of each according to study period: group A (7 days) and group B (14 days). Each group was subdivided into five groups (5 rabbits/group): group I (Normal): rabbits were not subjected to any surgical procedure or treatments; group II (negative control): rabbits had surgical wound without treatment; group III (positive control): rabbits had surgical wound, treated with white petroleum; group IV(nifedipine 1%): rabbits had surgical wound, treated with nifedipine 1% ointment; and group V(nifedipine 2%): rabbits had surgical wound, treated with nifedipine 2% ointment. Blood samples were collected from all animals after euthanasia for analysis of biochemical parameters. The results revealed a significant increase of total antioxidant capacity levels in the nifedipine 1% group on the 7th and 14th days of study in comparison to the other groups. There is no substantial variance in lactate and pyruvate levels between the normal and nifedipine 1% groups, but there is a substantial variance when compared to the other groups. Topical nifedipine 1% ointment had a beneficial effect on the wound healing process. It had superior effect on total antioxidant capacity and promoted mitochondrial function during the healing process, whereas nifedipine 2% ointment had no such effect.